What Are Examples of Potential Household Hazardous Wastes?
Many common household products are considered household hazardous waste when they are discarded. The following are examples of these products:
- Latex and oil-based paints
- Paint thinners and strippers
- Grease and rust solvents
- Wood and metal cleaners
- Nail polish and removers
- Household polishes and cleaners
- Oven cleaners
- Drain openers
- Lighter fluids
- Fungicides and wood preservatives
- Insecticides, herbicides, and rat poisons
- Used oil and oil filters
- Fuel injection and carburetor cleaners
- NOT for the regular garbage bins!